Course Dates: July 22, 23 & 29, 2023. 9.30 am to 5.30 IST
Two-thirds of the average company’s environment, social, and governance footprint lies with suppliers. Procurement leaders who take bold action can make a decisive difference in sustainability.
Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) responsibility has rapidly scaled the list of corporate priorities in recent years, and for good reason. Sustainable and socially conscious procurement practices are beneficial for the environment and society, but also directly benefit the business by creating competitive advantages and elevating brand reputation.
Forward-thinking companies have focused on ESG challenges from the standpoint of brand value, but they are now equally important in the eyes of customers, investors and regulators. Consumption pattern is increasing moving towards more ‘responsible’ companies, funding has decisively moved towards companies with strong ESG practice and regulations are mandated across geographies.
The best way to ensure that a company’s supply chain has a positive impact on the environment and society is to adopt sustainable procurement practices. For this Procurement professionals need to understand Sustainability in its entirety and have a clear understanding on the impact that Procurement has on the company’s Sustainability agenda.
Welcome to The Certified Sustainability Procurement Practitioner Course.
This Practitioner course is ideal for procurement professionals who are looking to build their capabilities in delivering a higher standard of performance through the integration of Sustainability practices at the workplace.
The course is a focused, instructor led, 3-day (plus 1 week) practitioner (exercise driven) course that details the ‘How’ and ‘What’ of Sustainable Procurement.
Module 1. Introduction to Sustainability and key concepts
Module 2. Understanding and decoding a company’s Sustainability Agenda relation to Procurement (Participant Exercise)
Module 3. Planning and integrating sustainability into the procurement process (Participant Exercise)
Module 4. Integrating third party (Vendor) ESG – Evaluating and measuring performance (Participant Exercise)
Module 5. Vendor Contracting, the Sustainability focus in vendor engagement. (Participant Exercise)
Module 6. ISO 20400
Module 7. GHG Emissions Scope 1,2&3 (Participant Exercise)
Module 8. Measuring and Reporting Sustainable Procurement
· Sample vendor contract with suggested ESG clauses
· Sample vendor ESG evaluation framework
· Sample vendor ESG selection framework
· Guidelines of vendor ESG evaluation process
· Sample ESG evaluation framework for Supply Chain function (including SCM operations) and Data framework.
· Sample Procurement ESG KPIs and Data framework.
· Reference material for effective implementation
The Sustainability Practitioners conducts ‘The Certified Sustainability Procurement Practitioner Course’ from time to time. Participants who successfully complete the program are eligible to be listed in the Open Certified Sustainability Procurement and Supply Chain Practitioner Listing
· Companies, associations, academia and individuals can refer to the listing and request for the contact details of the Certified Sustainability Procurement and Supply Chain Practitioner. Companies are encouraged to contact them directly for any role or opportunity as they may be seeking.
· The listing shall be valid for a period of 24 months from completion of due process. The listing shall be extendable by a max of 30 days post the expiry. The listing is complimentary for the first 24 months from the day of completion of course.
· The Sustainability Practitioners shall promote its listed members from time to time.
· All Practitioners shall enjoy a 10% discount in the courses and events conducted by The Sustainability Practitioners.
The Sustainability Practitioners